A quick update to all our valued patients. We are back! We are thrilled to be able to announce that we are back to work to take care of all of your dental needs. Our college, the RCDSO, in coordination with the CDC have determined guidelines to allow us to return to dentistry while keeping you, our patients and staff, safe.
Some new things you may experience at the office at your next appointment.
1. Covid pre-screening and in office screening
2. In office temperature check
3. Please wear a mask to your appointment ( if you forget we will supply)
4. Multiple hand washing stations ( pls wash hands on entry and exit)
5. Peroxl pre-procedural rinse
6. Staff may have different types of personal protective equipment as mandated by the CDC and RCDSO. (Face Sheilds, gowns etc)
7. Limited patients in waiting room. You may be asked to wait in car or outside until you are alerted by front desk
8. Only patient in treatment room. Parents will have to explain to their children that they have to be in treatment room on their own.
9. A little bit longer waiting time as we are observing proper wait times between cleaning rooms.
10. Less aerosol generating procedures early on in our return to practice. Hygienist may be doing more hand scaling versus using a cavitron ( buzzy thing that sprays lots of water)
So a few changes as we ramp our practice back up to normal. As usual, due to our rigorous disinfecting procedures we still believe our office will be one of the safest places you can visit during these interesting times.
Whether it is a cleaning, emergency, filling or any other dental procedure we are back and ready to see you. We are thrilled to finally be able to take care of all you dental needs once again
Please Call our office at 613-728-0239 to book your appointment
Dr. Pettigrew and all staff